Letting / Management

Letting / Management

Postby morse57 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:36 pm

Hi folks

Over time, companies and people have come and gone. Can anyone please recommend a management service for us? If it handles lettings as well, so much the better but not essential as our first priority is a quality service so our guests are happy.

(We know there's a thread allegedly dedicated to this but it seems to be concerned with a single undesirable company, so not suitable for this.)

Many thanks in advance
Steve & Sandra
morse57

Re: Letting / Management

Postby angela » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:53 pm

Hi why not contact uncle Bulgaria they will rent out for you.
angela

Postby Chez2 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:29 am

Do you use them angela? We used to use them to clean for us, we don't rent out our apartment so know what state our linen should be in but have been let down badly.

A couple of years ago they were supposed to paint our apartment but it looked worse after it had been done than before. Wrong colour paint, thin as water so you could see the other paint through it and only done with a roller so no paint about an inch or two around the edges. In addition to that, they had painted over the bedding and ruined several items. One sheet was heavily covered in a paint spill and left rolled up in the washer to find for us at the start of the season. We had to throw several items of bedding away and it was never replaced as promised. The apartment as repainted that season but wasn't much better, still worse than before they started the first paint job.

We have had several items go missing in the laundry too. The last straw came when our laundry was returned in a worse state than it went in. It looked like it had fallen out of a car as it was covered in fresh dust and fresh engine type oil (thick black stuff). After several washes most didn't come out so I had to throw it away. They said they would have to replace it themselves as the laundry company wasn't helpful but it never got replaced. After being left so short of bedding and towels we have to buy new. We daren't risk them doing the laundry so we have done it ourselves.

We received an email a few months ago to say they have moved office location but are still in Sunny Beach. They also said a member of staff has left so we don't really know who is running it and what went on, what has changed. Nobody has replaced our lost and damaged laundry and or refunded us for the fee we paid for that laundry that wasn't returned or returned clean.

In May we decided to give Fort Noks a try with our laundry. Their cleaners have done a spring clean and cleaned our windows the last two seasons. Their cleaners seem to do a really good job. They clean properly not just give it a 'cat lick'. Its not cheap but neither is carting your laundry too and fro in your luggage. We go back in August so we can tell you if our laundry was okay.

Just thought I would add; we are in Grand resort. I should imagine Fort Noks cleaners clean to the same standard in all complexes.
Chez2

Postby morse57 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:19 pm

Thanks for the replies but need to find someone other than Uncle Bulgaria.
Their rep, Mila was very nice but ineffective and let us down a couple of times and then she went quiet for a while so we had no response to emails or phone messages. I then received a phone call from Uncle Bulgaria telling me that Mila had been "let go" and could they pick up our business. We haven't had anyone report a problem with the cleanliness of either the apartment or the laundry and we have been happy on the occasions we've been over but just don't have much confidence in UB after our previous experience. Incidentally, they also let out very cheaply so that we wonder whether it's actually worth the wear & tear.

I've also emailed Nikolai at Fort Noks office at Nessebar Fort twice enquiring about their management services and have never received a reply. If that's how they behave before they have your business what chance do you have once you've paid your money?

We were hoping to find someone who has a more West European business & professional sensibility if that makes sense. Any suggestions please, anyone?

Thanks
Steve
morse57

Postby Barry Aspden » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:49 pm

Barry Aspden

Postby morse57 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:07 pm

Thanks Barry.

Do you use them yourself? If so what is your experience of them? (Presumably generally good :-)) I've sent them an enquiry.

I took a look at the link on your signature to www.bulgariagetaways.com & the website includes Phoenix PM; is that now defunct?
Is it your website or do you simply advertise on it?

Cheers
Steve
morse57

Postby Barry Aspden » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:18 pm

Hi Steve,
Don’t use them myself, as they do not operate as far out as Elenite, but they do work out of Sunny Beach.
Phoenix (Cath & Keith) retired earlier this year. I will have their property management details removed from my website.
Barry
Barry Aspden

Postby angela » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:00 pm

Hi Chez no I don't use Uncle Bulgaria my friends have rented apartments from them though I have washing machine in my apartment but was thinking of getting them to clean for me as Fortnoks are expensive £40 euro for 2 bed.
angela

Postby Chez2 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:10 pm

We have a washing machine but we don't want to leave bedding drying or airing in the apartment over the winter, hence taking it home or using a laundry service.

We used to let out our apartment via Holiday lettings . co . uk and just get the management company in resort to hand them the keys, do the cleaning and laundry. We stopped renting out about three or four years ago but we used to get lots of requests for long lets. We had a few requests from the UK but requests as from Australia, France and lots from Russians. We used to let it out for £280 to £300 per week.
Chez2

Return to NESSEBAR FORT CLUB / NESSEBAR FORT GOLF CLUB