Municipal Tax

Share information and opinions even not related with a particular development.

Municipal Tax

Postby Daniel101 » Wed May 14, 2008 12:11 pm

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could provide me with some information. I have two apartments in Panorama, one which i have signed over to me and one that i plan to sign over this year in July. Last year the municipal tax for each apartment was around 75-80Euros when niether were signed over to me. This year, the cost for the one I have signed for is around 90 euros but the other which is still in the name of fort noks has increased to 191Euros. is anyone in a situation where they have not signed for their apartment and have recieved a much higher bill for their municipality tax.

Thanks
Daniel101

Re: Municipal Tax

Postby ASK » Wed May 14, 2008 10:51 pm

Daniel,

Don't think it's anything to do with not being in your name, although it does seem strange that one has barely increased whilst the other has soared.

We also have 2 apartments that were not in our name last year and our municipal taxes were 56 euros & 68 euros.Both apartments are now in our name and municipal taxes this year are 95 euros & 116 euros.

When I questioned this considerable increase, I was told that since joining the EU everything has gone up! :(

Alison
ASK

Postby Daniel101 » Thu May 15, 2008 10:08 am

Alison,

thank you very much for your reply. it is interesting as it is actually fort noks that have stated that its becuase the apartment is not in my name as a reason for the increase. they also said its due to the EU membership and that the tax is set by the municipality of nessebar and not themselves so there are unable to control charges they set.

i have asked for some proof of the charge from the municipality of nessebar but of course that is not forthcoming.

thanks again for your reply.

Daniel
Daniel101

Postby greg » Thu May 15, 2008 2:51 pm

hi, i am in the process of buying an appartment in nessebar fort club. We have been buying the property over a three year period in installments.I have just been told by Fort noks that when i pay my last instalment which will be in june this year ,when we go over there, i will have to pay the notary which we expected ,but also 345 euros municipal charge.
That sounds quite a lot to me. Does any body else have such an amount to pay :(
greg

Postby Andy007 » Thu May 15, 2008 4:15 pm

Greg

Last year i had to pay Euro 310 for 1 i bought in Crown Fort. But i knew about it in advance.
Andy
Andy007

Postby hood » Thu May 15, 2008 4:40 pm

HI Greg,

Municipal tax is a mandatory tax when purchasing propery in Bulgaria, which your solicitor should have pointed out to you along with notary cost, bulstat costs..etc

Cheers
hood

Postby TFIDave » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:00 am

Just visited Nessebar Fort Club and they informed me of a Council Tax which I thought was included in the Maintenance and SERVICE charges. Anyway, the onsite office told me that my Council Tax charges would be 400 euros a year for both my apartments.

I investigated this situation and discovered that Council Tax charges do not need to be paud until after the signing at the Notary, when I will receive a Bull card for payment of local taxes. I then enquired about the charges I would expect to pay if I pay directly to the Municipal office in Nessebar, I was told that charges are based on square metres and I would expect to pay approximately 85 leva per year for both apartments!!!!!!

Bearing in mind there are about 2 leva to a euro, I think Fort Noks are onto a killing if everyone pays their Council Tax to them! I have informed the Fort Noks office in Sofia, that my Council Tax payments will not be paid to their office. I think everyone should do the same! What a RIP OFF!
TFIDave

Postby admin » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:48 am

Dear TFIDave,

This matter was thoroughly explained to you by Aglaia.

The apartments which are still not transferred to the buyers, are owned by Fort Noks. The municipal taxes of these properties are higher, as they are due to be paid by Fort Noks as a legal entity. As after issue of Act 15 you get the right to use the property, you obviously are obliged to pay your bills. When the ownership over the property is transferred to a physical person, the municipal taxes will become fairly lower.
In order to get right to use the apartment, the client has to pay his bills which are due to Fort Noks ltd.

Regards,
ADMIN
admin
Site Admin

Postby cainy » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:08 pm

Admin - can u explain the situation with council tax i have purchased a studio apartment 103A in N.F.C. i have paid 80% of the purchase price i have also paid my maintenance charge for this year i will be staying at my apartment from 07/07-08 - 21/07/08 am a liable to pay council tax or not. and if i was not staying at my apartment in 2008 would i still be liable
cainy

Postby admin » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:29 am

Hello, Cainy!

The council taxes are due in any case, the local authorities require a payment from the owners of the properties which are located on the territory of the municipality with no difference if the apartments have been used or not. The council tax is being charged due to the fact that you own a property located on the territory governed by the municipality.

Regards,
ADMIN
admin
Site Admin

Postby TFIDave » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:12 pm

Then surely it is the responsibility of Fort Noks to pay their own Compulsory council tax charges until transfer of ownership takes place. The buyer cannot be held responsible for charges prior to completion, they simply do not apply.

I am quite confident that most people assumed when purchasing apartments that the council tax charges were to be included in the Service & Maintenance charges, as they are both calculated on the square metres of the apartment.

Some purchasers, like myself are experiencing major problems with the apartments, where as Fort Noks are clearly in breach of contract. Why should any purchaser pay for council tax or for that matter service and maintenance charges for apartments they cannot use or for a complex they cannot stay on???

I for one will only pay council tax to the Municipal when the deeds of ownership are transferred to me, I would advise others to do the same. If there is a liability of council tax prior to completion then unfortunately that is a business overhead that should be absorbed by Fort Noks, not the purchasers. There is nothing in my contracts that relate to this payment.

TFIDave
TFIDave

Postby aroberts » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:04 pm

I'm in the process of purchasing a property in Fort Noks Golf Club - I questioned about the charges and this was the response:

All the taxes and fees will be calculated at the completition of the complex and then I will inform you about them. It will be around June 2009.

There will be no more expenses for you in January except the installment. In June you will have to pay the maintenance fee which is 10 euro per square meter, service fee and municipal tax for 2008 and 2009. I cannot tell you now the prices for them as the municipality tax is different every year. The notary taxes will be payable once you complete the purchase of the apartment.

We still do not have a municipality prices for these complex but for Nessebar Fort Club which is situated next to Holiday is around 350 euro before the signing the deeds and then it will be around half of it for the next years. The notary taxes are still unknown for us.

Can anyone on the Nessebar complex shed some light on costs - I'm trying to get a clear picture of what I have to pay

thanks

Andrew
aroberts

Postby cgibb » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:47 am

Hi , Our 1 bed apartment is in Imperial and we have just received an e mail stating the municipal tax to be 454.73 for half of 2007 and 2008.Last year we paid 145 !! This seems extortionate but although the apartment has been finished for a year I can't get there to notarize until August .On the issue of notary they are charging 965.48 .Again I think this is extortionate .Has anyone else had this experience ?

Regards
cgibb

Postby purkyuk » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:44 am

cgibb, is that euro or Lev???
purkyuk

Postby cgibb » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:33 pm

Hi purkyuk , The prices I have quoted regarding notary etc are unfortunately in euros .

Regards
cgibb

Return to GENERAL