Another day in Paradise

Share information and opinions even not related with a particular development.

Re: Another day in Paradise

Postby Chez2 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:40 am

Thanks for the update Sean. You have a good weekend too!
Chez2

Postby sean » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:57 pm

Hi All, sorry not been on for while but jumped on a big puddle hopper and ended up in a place called Cuba for a few weeks. Weather here in BG has been dry for the last few days with sunshine, starting to get a bit on the cold side, MFB has been painted externally and in interally and looks great indeed, complex next to PFB one of the blocks getting windows, the other nearly finished with the brick laying,, old fish restaurant nearly complete doing outside render work, paradise beach hotel another crane erected, and that is coming on well, dead as a door nail in VLAS and Sunny beach, i do not think there will be a beer tent in the Vlas square this xmas, nobody here to go in it!!! thats about it for now, have a good week..........
sean

Postby sean » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:40 am

Hi All, weather been fine apart from last tuesday, a little sprinkling of snow but soon disapeared! other than that sunny and dry but with a nip in the air some early mornings -7 -6 but generaly ok!! Work continues next to PFB windows still going in and bricklaying continues, fish restaurant looking good, Paradise beach plenty of work going on there and taking shape also doing work around the pool beach front, The project next to Marina view windows going in there, New dig next to sunny beach hills still digging ( talk about moving a mountain) and also have started concrete there!! Bourgas Santa mania has come to town more and more each year, talking of which i hope everyone has a great xmas and new year, and i hope you stay healthy........
sean

Postby ginger222 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:36 pm

Hi Sean hope this finds you well. here it doesn't feel like Xmas, not only because it is warmer than usual for time of year but it seems to have crept upon us quickly, --- or maybe that's a sign we are getting older. No doubt prices are still creeping up there but hopefully when we get there in the summer the exchange rate will be ok.
Ken and I wish you a very merry Xmas and all the best for 2017 xx :D :D
ginger222

Postby Chez2 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:23 pm

Hope you had a nice Christmas Sean. Ive been watching the weather daily on the smart phone app and its generally been much cooler in Vlas than over here. Look forward to out holiday next year, booked two flights when the offers were on. Managed to get one with Thomas Cook for £200 including breakfast (and shared luggage).
Chez2

Postby sean » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:58 pm

Hi All, hope you had a great xmas and new year and everyone is healthy and happy ( if not skint ), drove down /accross from Sofia on tuesday and was very mild and the roads were clear no sign of any major snow till i reached Karnobat and Aytos and then you could see the remains of the heavy snowfall that arrived just before New Year!!! some snow on the ground here in Elenite but was starting to melt, WEDS and Thursday nice and mild and Thursday night heavy rain fall and that froze with temps as low as -5, Friday/yesterday morning strong winds and temps dropping to -8 ( wind chill approx -15) and more snow ( light snow now as i type) problem being on the roads a thick sheet of ice on the road so virtually impossible for most vechiles to use, road to Varna closed, and most roads unusable here, temps this morning -10 but as i say the wind is the killer!! Forecast more snow tomorrow and throughout the week with temps going down to an estimated -17, the snow at the moment around 7cm ( 3 inchs old money) have a great weekend,,,we are all white down here :lol: :lol: :lol:
sean

Postby sean » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:10 pm

Hi All, Sunday managed to get out about and not great -8 most of the day and a light dusting of snow, Monday woke to a nice crisp - 10 but warmed up nicely during the day to -4 and then the temps dropped throughout the evening/night, Tuesday we were expecting -17 in the morning but that changed to a beach tempting -12!!! By mid morning the winds had picked up and sarted to snow again -17+ did turn up! Most roads in and out of Burgas shut, and 95% in outer town /villages no power,, winds were unforgiving yesterday and all night, woke to an extra 20 cm / 8 inches old doe ( not that i went out to measure it but thats what it looked like), most roads closed so the news says, we are expecting more snow tonight -3 at the moment,warmest its been for a couple of days,,, have a great day
sean

Postby Chez2 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:57 pm

Ive been looking at my weather app of Vlas and various places here in the UK. I couldn't believe how cols its been in Vlas. Its extremely windy here today, some power lines down in Sheffield, some structural damage in the city centre, vehicles blow over.
Chez2

Postby sean » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:35 am

Hi Chez,(and all), You don't want what we are having down here!!This is probably the worst we have had it here in Elenite/St Vlas in 7 years, the only people wanting this are kids, grown up kids, and people wanting an excuse to have a couple of days off work coz they can't get in( but they can make it to the local pub and sit in the warm all day and who wouldn't ? :roll: :roll: :roll: )!!! Another 10 cm ( 4 inches) over night but lovely and warm at a sun worshiping -4 :o have a great day,,,,,
sean

Postby sean » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:07 am

Apoligies it was 20cm ( 8 INCHES) of snow that fell overnight!
sean

Postby Chez2 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:54 pm

I've been watching the webcams, awful! I'm not keen not keen on snow myself.
Chez2

Postby sean » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:14 am

Morning all, Just when you thought it was safe to get the chainsaw out and cut a hole through the ice of the swimming pool and jump in pretending to be a walrus, whislt humming along to some Barry White classics, Nope not yet!!! Bad weather has circled again and now more snow, winds and freezing temps,! Friday saw things starting to thaw out, hence up next to the road at paradise beach the water main burst ( the water main that they put a 90% degree bend on and sending it vertical) so the road going to Grand resort had a little extra!!! Saturday sun was out and that was again helping the thaw,sunday the same, monday not to bad, yesterdaay heavy rain later turning to sleet and now the whitestuff,,have a great day,,,,
sean

Postby sean » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:14 pm

Hi All, winter has been and gone,and it was a bad one! spring has arrived in style and plenty of blossom around, mild and dry at the moment. Work next to PFB continues at a rather slow pace,, new restaurant by the pier here in Elenite looking great, they have cleared the area of rubbish and added some parking, and planters and this is going to be a head turner!!! Paradise beach Hotel is coming on well and they have chucked some big bundles at that one,, and that is starting to take shape. Complexes all looking good swimming pools cleaned and filled/ or getting repairs, maintenance getting done on all complexes. St vlas as usual getting ready for the season a few places opening up there shop /bar/ restaurant wise,, sunny beach doing the same ! season upon us soon ,, have a great week
sean

Postby Chez2 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:44 pm

Thanks Sean. Looking forward to the season starting. I'm always watching the webcams with interest.
Chez2

Postby ginger222 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:21 pm

Hi Sean,
Hope you are well after the harsh winter there, checking out the webcams there it seems to be warming up now. We are looking forward to seeing any changes that have occurred over winter, hopefully the place is looking better. They could do with sorting the pavements out that are further away from the front up toward the apartments from Dijanny's.
Hoping that you may find some good stuff to blog about.
Take care might see you out and about when there
ginger222

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL