Another day in Paradise

Share information and opinions even not related with a particular development.

Re: Another day in Paradise

Postby sean » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:23 am

Morning,weather did settle on monday,,,only for a couple of hours,, wind picked up and more rain and for the rest of the week has been poor up until yesterday afternoon, when the sun came out, so hopefully brighter for the next few days!! Today is Kosharitza day ,plenty going on there for kids/adults alike, also today is the fish festival in Nessebar ,hope weather is fine for both events.As far as building they poured half the base slab on the Admiral, and another floor on watermill 2 ,columns going up for another floor ,, new complex next to Grand resort poured concrete base and another floor,plenty of dare i say it ?mud on the road!! Santa sniffing around getting ready to set up his stalls in Burgas,getting earlier each year,,8 years ago you would be lucky to see anything xmassy mid dec,,now 1st of Nov??? have a great weekend,,,,,,,
sean

Postby sean » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:28 am

Good morning,clouds seem to have gone and the sun out in force, so lets hope thats here to stay! weather not so good over the weekend dry but cloudy and cold. Went to the fish festival on saturday, just had a walk about, plenty of people and stalls selling mackeral grilled and other items soups etc,a couple of opera singers banging out some classics( i think :shock: ) not my cup of tea really.Work still continues, all the demolition complete in Elenite just wondering when they are gonna come back and clean all the rubbish away(maybe they are waiting for nature to come and blow/wash it away)no surprises there!! Work continues next to marina(grand resort) nice to see they cleaned the road :wink: going up at a reasonable rate ( little bit scary as they are craning all the shutters to the other side of the road( just put your foot down and hope it does not fall of the strops)
watermill 2 still going up at a brisk pace, Admiral 50 plus workers on there already steel and shutters flying up, have a very nice day,,,,,,,,
sean

Postby sean » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:00 am

Morning, weather yesterday was superb sun out and mild temps to suit, popped into Burgas during the day and in the sea between Pommorie and Sozopol was either ( not very good visibility) a very large dinghy with cranes on it or a very big raft with legs and cranes on top :shock: but either way it was big,,,,,
sean

Postby sean » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:36 am

Good morning,weather has been very good for this time of year, with temps mid teens throughout the week and sunny,and due to stay with us for another few days with expectations of late teens maybe touching 20? Rubbish getting cleaned up in Elenite now :wink: upto second floor on build next to Grand Resort
,5th floor on Watermill 2,out the groung on Admiral and the Riu Helios have started taking down tower cranes and are landscaping ,water sprinkler systems going in, looking very good !! will take some pics over the weekend ,have a top one,,,,,,,,,,
sean

Postby sean » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:44 am

Yeah it got up to 20c yesterday 8) Pretty much the same today i reckon.
sean

Postby sean » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:33 am

Good morning, Fab weather again over the weekend into the late teens alfresco ,,,sun coming up this morning and looking good again,,the oak tree on MFB has gone a lovely copper colour,,stunning. Had a drive down the coast yesterday went to the fishing town of Ahtopol very nice indeed lovely scenic port, then drove the coastal route back, saw plenty of cars and vans parked up in a field on the waters edge so thought it might be car boot or something similar only to find i walked through a film set!!! continued up the coast stopping at Primorsko, Lozenets,Kiten,Duni,Sozopol very nice day indeed, hope you have a niceday too.... :)
sean

Postby sean » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:42 am

Hi All, weather was poor the remainder of last week, low lying mist damp, a few little showers and drizzle some of the time,turned cooler with chill in the winds. Drove to Burgas yesterday and noticed in the sea the shape of this big dingy/raft with legs? looked like the playboy emblem from a distance,,,so decided to drive around coast to Chernomorets to see if i could get a better visual of the beast,,most defo not a rabbit!!! still some distance from the shoreline but it was big,,very big,, i have been told by someone who gets my pics that it is the second largest lifting ship on the globe!!! So hunt for Red november over!!! Ok building works,poured the roof slab on watermill 2 on saturday, plenty of concrete going in at the admiral,and Fort Noks are building something next to the outside Gym on NFC,have a great start to the week,,,,,,,,,,, :)
sean

Postby sean » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:20 am

Hi,i can just see a tiny bit of blue in the sky!! weather not been to good here for the last few days,weds evening we had a big down pour and that resulted in flash floods and flooding in the usual places,,construction still going for it ,Nfc had concrete poured on weds morning still not sure what they are building, the new water park has had all the pools dug so getting ready for concrete there,,, Burgas has gone santa crazy( that is some franchise !!!!! he is everywhere) the big dinghy/raft thing is still in the bay, has got its lights on the tip of the crane masts, looks impressive at night still not sure what it is doing??? out and about this weekend so will get and send pics,weather should be ok as for the forecast,,,have a top weekend,,,,,,,,,,
sean

Postby sean » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:10 pm

Hi All, weather was ok over the weekend chilly but dry! today started dry but changed through the afternoon and gone bitter cold and wet,Swans arrived in the bay over the weekend which is not a good sign, hopefully they got a cheap weekend deal and a little getaway( swans come to the sea here because the freshwater lakes freeze,the black sea has a low salt content so that is fine with our feathered freinds),, construction keeps going at a brisk pace,,Nfc plenty going on,,and the other regular sites as well,Riu Helios about 10% complete!! As for the big dinghy in the sea,,( red november) i have found the name ,,its got a large raft sat on two barells, slightly bigger than Hucklebury Finns, and what not like to put in to a wheel barrow and push up a ramp!! SAIPEM 7000 ,, HAVE A GREAT EVE,,,
sean

Postby sean » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:00 am

Pinch Punch :lol: :lol: :lol: Good morning,weather not to good wind and sleet and getting cold ,saturday was dry yesterday too but temps are falling +1or 2.
They are starting site set up in Elenite ,fencing it off and a couple of portacabins have arrived, concreted another floor yesterday next to grand resort admiral is just concrete non stop!! Riu Helios still clearing old buildings and more digging there, some size project,walls going up on the new build Nfc, xmas lights are up in Vlas,, nothing in sunny beach,, pics sent ,,,,have a great day
sean

Postby sean » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:31 am

Good Morning, rain started monday afternoon and is still raining now with heavy winds thrown in for fun!! Excavators have turnt up here in Elenite and has started, pics at weekend,,have a nice day,,,,,,,,,
sean

Postby sean » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:50 am

Good morning, still raining and conditions are very bad down/up here in BG, not long before state of emergency called in many areas, the rain is set to continue for another 4/5 days many roads are not passable for cars, sunny beach flooded, the main road from Burgas to Varna ( near crossroads sunny beach) now under water, many low lying villages now under water. Most construction has stopped or minimal work on some, we had a very bad storm on tuesday and wednesday and the state of the shoreline here in Elenite looks like something from Armagedon!! 7 mtr long tree trunks washed up to shore and smaller branches,tyres,plastics you name it,,parts of the beach just not visible due to drift wood and rubbish,, lumps of rock probably weighing .5 of a ton just chucked several meters down the beach,,wood upto the gates of MFB and PFB. Nothing has happened further with the works in Elenite as muck away wagons are banned at the moment, other than that all pretty quiet,, will send plenty of pics over the weekend,,of which i hope you have a nice and warm one,,,,,,,

NB; I recieved a couple of rather distasteful emails,, The reason i do not put pictures on the Fort Noks forum 2 reasons 1st It Takes to long, 2nd Some of the pictures are of other developments and i think that would upset the apple cart so to speak. I do not charge for the pics, and i do not pass your details on to Any so called estate agents!!!!!!!! I bcc ( blind copy so nobody else see,s others email address) , neither are the pictures sent to a chosen few, i have previously posted that anybody wishing to have/recieve pics just send an email to saw1service@gmail.com and say send me pics. Thankyou and i believe i have cleared that issue up.
sean

Postby sean » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:03 am

Good Morning, weather over the weekend remained reasonable with things starting to dry up( roads anyway) most construction sites were making the most of the dry weather, still nothing progressing here in Elenite at a standstill ,,Riu Helios going for the parking and service roads areas civil works curbs ,drains etc.
A car crashed into a tree outside HFC on sat morning , just proves the roads not safe out of season,,,hence the footbridge!! pics sent,,,Rained here all night and touch of drizzle this morning ,so out and about later and will see if flooding has increased, hopefully not and i might venture into Burgas as the new city square has been opened all by all accounts very good,,,have a great day
sean

Postby sean » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:52 am

Good morning, the sun still has not come out over a week now!! Mainly dry but with a few little showers the last few days, but rain causing some severe problems in other parts of the country. Tower crane has gone up here in Elenite, so not long before thats up and running,,Admiral seems to have increased the work force , maybe catching up on lost time!! Riu Helios have started render and painting the main frontage of the building , most of the windows all in now. Nfc getting ready to put the roof on the new build, the old shops opposite d,jannys have all gone looking like that area getting a welcomed face lift.
Most of the ex-pats have gone home for xmas and benefit fraudsters gone to warmer climates!! Out on sunday with the camera and will send pics,,have a great weekend,,,,,,,,,
sean

Postby sean » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:50 pm

Good morning all,the sun eventually has come out in fact saturday morning nice and warm temps, alfresco weather and the same yesterday and looking good for today, but will need alot more to dry out the flood hit areas. Had a day out in Burgas yesterday and a walk through the new city square and i must say very nicely done and when the spring/summer the gardens and fountains will be completed and fully working. Found a lovely restaurant down a side ally, little door and went upstairs pleasantly surprised and very impressed. Building works continue as usual with speed, a large area opposite the go-karting in sunny beach tree,s getting felled,Riu Helios getter better by the day,digging started here in Elenite two machines going for it, and looks like they will be doing the blinding today fast!!!! On hill side at the rear of paradise beach they are digging away there, two machines also going for it. I am led to believe '" jack sparrows" bar here in Elenite will be open later this week, wood burner on the go, basic menu and of course the wash it down fluid, have a top day from a sunny BG
sean

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL