Property Management Issues

Share information and opinions even not related with a particular development.

Property Management Issues

Postby PaulM » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:44 pm

I own a property management company which is presently based - and operates in and around - the Varna region. Having said that, I am based in the UK and have an excellent Bulgarian Manager. I also travel out to Bulgaria several times each year.

The advantage is that my UK clients have direct access to me and they find this much easier than trying to get a response from purely Bulgaria based management companies. I sort things out in the UK and then pass on the instructions to my Office.

I do, however, have one client who owns a property in the Messambria Fort Beach complex who had the misfortune of becoming involved with one Boris Shopov (Balkan Property Management).

We understand that he is not alone and that others have had "disappointing" experiences - such as receiving a bill for enough water and electricity to keep a small village going for a week but no visible rentals and absolutely no money!

My client is looking for a reliable managment agent in the area who is honest and trustworthy and who also undertakes to promote lettings of his property. Located as we are presently, we cannot do this.

Does anyone know of such a person?

As an alternative, if sufficient people were interested, we might consider opening a management branch in Sunny Beach (actually the on-site office formerly occupied by Shopov is now empty). If there is real (numerical) interest in this option then I would consider holding a meeting at some central place in the UK to discuss the needs and aspirations of owners and how these could best be met while making the exercise commercially viable.

One feature that might well be practical would be a representative "Clients Committee" to monitor activities and to make suggestions for improvements.

If you have any suggestions or comments, please would you email me at:
paulmoody@vpoint.demon.co.uk
PaulM

Re: Property Management Issues

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:34 am

Paul, be careful, the office of BPM is empty now but it is still owned by Boris, who bought the place last year, and he could get quite nervous with you breathing in his neck and offering same services as he does next season.

Postby Guest » Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:22 am

Good luck Paul - have sent you an email. We too are unfortunately "clients" of this individual

Succsess against Boris - BPM

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 21, 2006 9:28 pm

I am pleased to report that I have been successful in getting money from Boris (Balkan Property Management) Shopov. This was in respect of the lettings that he “says” he was able to arrange. I have no means of knowing whether I have got everything to which I was entitled because he never told me, letting by letting, when the apartment was actually occupied as he was supposed to under the terms of the contract.

Working with and through another, whose name I am not going to give here, if everyone works together, it may be possible to get some of your money back. This will probably require a mass attack.

If you are interested, please email me at - iain@wellpark2.fsnet.co.uk or,
after Friday 22nd December, at iain07@tiscali.co.uk
I will arrange for you to receive some information about the next step.

THE INFAMOUS BORIS

Postby michellecrowe1@eircom.net » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:52 pm

WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF TRYING TO FIND OUT ABOUT BORIS. WE GAVE HIM OUR GREENFORT APPARTMENT TO RENT OUT AS WELL AS 800 EURO FOR CABLE FEES, OUTDOOR FURNITURE AND MANAGEMENT FEES, LOOKING BACK NOW BIG MISTAKE, WE HAVE HEARD NOTTHING, THIS WAS THE SUMMER OF 05. I HAVE CONTACTED JULIA OF FORTNOKS TO SEE IF SEE CAN CHECK FOR WATER AND ELECTRICITY CHARGES. BORIS TALKED A GOOD SHOW AND BECAUSE WE GOT HIS CARD THROUGH FORTNOKS OFFICE WE THOUGHT HE WOULD BE TRUSTWORTHY,
IF ANYONE HAS INFO OR COULD HELP PLEASE GET IN TOUCH TANKS
michellecrowe1@eircom.net

Return to GENERAL