Coach Trip to Turkey

Share information and opinions even not related with a particular development.

Coach Trip to Turkey

Postby Suey » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:13 pm

Has anyone been on the day/two day coach trip to Istanbul, if so would you recommend it.
Suey

Re: Coach Trip to Turkey

Postby ptoner » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:44 pm

We did it a few years ago, although we didn't book the regular trip you see advertised all around Sunny beach, but booked the bus ticket ourselves from Bourgas and booked our own accomodation and stayed 3 nights.

Going and staying for one night is too much in my opinion, its a LONG trip stuck in a coach you really should try and stay for longer than one night, there is loads to see and do.

The trip is probably not recommended for really young children or those with a weak bladder ;-) as we only stopped a few times and its a long journey!

Paddy
ptoner

Postby Sarah Jane » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:22 am

Hi Suey

I too have done the trip to Istanbul I agree with Paddy it is a long trip to go for 1 night. It is 7 hours on the bus so I worked it into my trip home. I flew into Bourgas stayed in the apartment for 2 weeks and booked the bus one way from Bourgas, stayed 3 nights in Istanbul and flew home with Easyjet.

It is really worth doing a beautiful city and very friendly people. The only annoying part of this is that I had to go into Bourgas the day before to buy my bus ticket this can not be done in Sunny Beach.

Sarah Jane
Sarah Jane

Postby hollingum » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:14 pm

We have just returned from a holiday in Turkey and Bulgaria. We flew Easy jet into Istanbul and had two days sight seeing there, really enjoyable, lots to see. Then we caught a regular coach from Istanbul bus station to Bourgas bus station, takes about six hours, cost about £25. We found the coach trip interesting with plenty of stops. They also feed you cake, biscuits and hot and cold drinks. We understand that they go both ways twice a day. Our coach left Istanbul at 8.45am and then there was another one about 9pm. We organised a car hire pick up from Bourgas bus station and drove to our apartment at Imperial where we stayed for a week and then we drove to Sofia staying one night in a mountain village before flying home via Easy Jet at Sofia airport.

I would recommend doing a trip to Istanbul this way as there is lots to see and it is a fair distance so it enabled us to have longer in Istanbul.
hollingum

Postby yo » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:32 pm

I agree with all the replies. We were out for May and June so we broke up the stay with a week in Istanbul.
If you like to stay up late or shop you should look to stay in Taksim. It is fantastic up there(in my opinion) and
you can walk down hill to the historic sites on the europe side. The public transport back is really simple to
work out and very cheap. We fly to Istanbul on the 31st Aug. We will stay a week then get the bus back to our
appartment in Panorama.
yo

Return to GENERAL