Fire Safety

Share information and opinions even not related with a particular development.

Fire Safety

Postby lynniemurtagh » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:40 am

Hi my friends were out at panorama in summer and there was a fire that gutted next doors apartment. They were concerned as to how easy this could have spread if they had been asleep and not smelt the smoke. Are there any fire alarms in the shared corriders??
lynniemurtagh

Re: Fire Safety

Postby Barry Aspden » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:52 pm

Hi Lynn,
As far as I know there aren’t any smoke alarms in any of the corridors on any of the Fortnoks built complexes. Also, any owner renting out their apartment may be breaching EU rules if they do not have a smoke alarm fitted in their apartment(s). Something I will install in my apartment next year, before holiday rentals arrive.
Barry
www.bulgariagetaways.com
Barry Aspden

Postby Di & Sean » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:11 pm

Hi All,
Quite correct there is no fire safety in the apartments, however we do suggest to get smoke detectors, fire blanket, fire extinguisher and a substantial first aid box.
Many owners have now got these items in their apartments. If anyone would like help in getting these items, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind regards
Sean
Di & Sean

Postby Bill & Charlie Burns » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:09 am

Hi All,

Just a quick follow up, we bought smoke alarm the 2nd year here locally and was always going off without any smoke etc, ended up bringing from
BQ in UK and has been 100% just need to change battery start of season and test on regular bases, but not saying they have not improved here
since then, well worth thinking about, also with first aid boxes be very careful if you are renting as if they do not conform,( ie dates and standards)
you may be in breach of your rental insurance policy and also liable if the renter makes a claim against you.

Bill and Charlie
Bill & Charlie Burns

Return to GENERAL